What we do
Within the executive committee the tasks are:
Dirk Cupido is chairman and treasurer. He is the contact regarding the working group Custom Affairs. He is chairman of OCEAN and member of the Vereniging van Aanverwante Bedrijven, a part of Deltalinqs.
John Blom is vice chairman and the contact for all matters regarding “Autorised Economic Operator”. He is a member of the Deltalinqs committee Infrastructure.
Tim Prins is secretary; the secretariat is actually carried out by Van Weperen&Partners Hellevoetsluis, Jessica van Weperen
Joep van Eijk is the chairman of the committee Balloting.
Max Geeratz is the contact regarding the working group Veterinary Affairs.
The executive committee, other committees and working groups have undertaken the following executive tasks:
- Daily following matters that could hold significance for the members;
- Lobbying activities at national and international governments;
- Consulting local and national authorities;
- Advising members on matters of importance to them;
- Publishing an annual survey;
- Holding networking and staff meetings;
- Participation in the executive committee and working groups of the I.S.S.A.;
- Attending to the participation of the annual I.S.S.A. Convention & Trade Exhibition;
- Participation in working groups by Deltalinqs (formerly S.V.Z.);
- Participation in A.I.P. working groups (Agrarian Import Platform);
- Participation in government working groups / file teams;
- Participation in the executive committee and working groups of O.C.E.A.N.
Working Group of Customs Affairs
This working group maintains relations with customs management officials, policy advisers, heads of customs offices and their client coordinators. Current affairs that are important for companies or groups of companies are attended to, and, in consultation, practical solutions are worked towards. Specific matters concerning permits, standing securities and verifications of documents are regularly debated with the members. Consultation with other organisations such as the Personal Transportation Organisation (Eigen Vervoers Organisatie (E.V.O.)) and Transport and Logistics Netherlands (T.L.N.) also takes place. And through O.C.E.A.N., the association of ship suppliers for countries of the European Union which NVVS is a member of, customs affairs are looked after for all members as well.
The Working Group of Customs Affairs consists of the following members:
- Peter de Haas – Klevenberg Shipping Center BV (voorzitter)
- Tim van Diest – H. Ferwerda BV
- Tim Etman – Neko Ship Supply BV
- Sebastiaan Teunissen – Pentrade BV
- Ed de Wit – B&S Bosman Global BV
- Roelof Andringa – Andringa Douane Advokaat (advisor)
- Alexander Septer – Burando Customs Services BV ( advisor)
Working Group of I.S.P.S.
Ever since 1 July 2004, the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code has been implemented. In close consultation with parties concerned, NVVS has put together a Working Group of I.S.P.S. for its members in order to create and maintain workable situations for the visitors and suppliers to ships via harbour terminals. To this end, in consultation with Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V., harbour employer�s association Deltalinqs and others, a Branch Security Statement was established for the NVVS members. This statement should make it possible to be admitted more easily to harbour terminals and ships.
The Working Group of I.S.P.S. consists of the following members:
- John Blom – Neko Ship Supply BV
- Rob Warner – Seven Seas Netherlands BV
Working Group of Veterinary Affairs
In order to meet the constant stream of new and/or revised rules and legislation, the working group of veterinary affairs has been called into being. The team consists of employees from companies that are members of the NVVS with the expert knowledge required. By regular consultation with branch and government officials, a workable environment is created for members who engage in the trade in veterinary products. Apart from the daily routine, the working group labours to improve the logistical, information and monitoring processes. Through O.C.E.A.N., the European association of ship suppliers, in which the NVVS holds an executive position, the rules and legislation from Brussels are also followed closely. Where necessary, intensive lobbying promotes the interests of our branch.
The Working Group of Veterinary Affairs consists of the following members:
- Max Geeratz- B&S Bosman Global BV (voorzitter)
- Tim van Diest – H. Ferwerda BV
- Peter Eppinga – J.E. Zijdenbos Groothandel BV
- Peter de Haas – Klevenberg Shipping Center BV
- Paul van Lieshout – Maas Shipstores BV
- Hans Busbroek – Blue Water Shipping A/S
The balloting commission consists of the following members:
- Joep van Eijk – Kroonint B.V. (chairman)
- Eric Bezemer – Neko Ship Supply BV
- Danny Nossent – Pentrade B.V.
The audit committee consists of the following members
- Mike Schotte – Boot- en Stuurliedencoöperatief “De Koperen Ploeg” W.A.
- Bas Been ” InterTransIS